Formaldehyde in Lice Treatments

Lice Knowing You© stands behind our natural lice treatment products because we know they’re safe for your entire family, unlike many chemically based lice treatment products.  We take pride in offering families a safe and simple way to end their lice infestations and urge our customer to be aware of the toxins found in other lice removal products.  Many lice removal products include compounds like Pyrethrum or Permethrin – in fact Permethrin cream has sometimes been described as “the drug of choice for head lice”; however, these compounds contain formaldehyde – a chemical featured on the official list of known human carcinogens.

Formaldehyde has been widely known to cause cancer for some time, now, but the chemical industry has been fighting hard to prevent its inclusion on the Health and Human Services Report on Carcinogens.  Use of formaldehyde may cause individuals to experience adverse effects such as watery eyes; burning sensations in the eyes, nose, and throat; coughing; wheezing; nausea; and skin irritation.  Studies have shown that formaldehyde can cause myeloid leukemia, organ system toxicity, and rare cancers including sinonasal and nasopharyngeal cancer.

This is why we recommend a safe, non-toxic lice removal treatment like our Citramint products which are all natural, organic, non-toxic and proven effective.  For more information on our lice shampoo and products and to make your head lice treatment appointment visit us at LiceKnowingYou.com.

Share

Jul 08, 2011 | Category: Uncategorized | Comments: none




bottom
Payments Accepted from MasterCard Visa and AmericanExpress