Head Lice Removal
- $95.00 per person per hour, billed in 15 minute increments.
- You do not pay for a full hour if we do not spend a full hour on your treatment.
- Treatment time depends on length, thickness of hair and severity of infestation.
- Average treatment time for boys is 30-45 minutes. Average treatment for girls is 1 – 1 1/2 hours.
It is our opinion that hourly pricing is the most fair and ethical way to bill our clients. Why should a treatment that takes 30 minutes cost the same as a treatment that takes 1 1/2 hours?
Head Lice Checks
- $10.00 per person.
- Children under 1 are free.
- All family members and caregivers must be checked by Lice Knowing You© within the first 24 hours in order to receive our 30 day Guarantee.
Lice Knowing You© accepts Visa, American Express, MasterCard, or Cash. We do not accept checks.
What are the real costs of lice? – Do It Yourself Treatment Costs
Did you know that the average person suffers with head lice for 3-6 months. During that time they will try an average of 5-7 treatments and spend countless dollars and hours trying to get rid of their infestation.
Doctor’s visits, multiple toxic, pesticide treatments, gadgets, combs, beauty salon lice products, internet lice products, homemade remedies, items tossed unnecessarily, more doctor visits and finally prescription strength pesticide treatments. All with no success.
Not to mention the countless loads of laundry, cleaning and the stress! Lice can bring even the strongest person to their knees because it can be seemingly impossible to get rid of. Following is the real cost of head lice based on market research:
*Doctor Visits for diagnosis and guidance: $250.00
*Rid Complete Kit: $47.98
*Nix Family Kit: $21.99
*Internet Lice Products, Homemade Remedies, Gadgets, Prevention Products: $150.00
*Prescription Lice Treatments: $265.98
*Replacement hair brushes, combs, hair accessories: $100.00
*Missed Work (3 days missed work on average Based on $50,000 salary): $450.00
*Missed School (Private) (3 days missed school on average based on $10,000 Tuition): $167.00
*Missed after-school activities: $100.00
*Additional Water and Electricity charges due to Extra Laundry and cleaning: $200.00
Total costs: $1,752.95
Countless Hours of Combing; Countless Hours of Cleaning; Missed Birthday Parties; Missed extracurricular activities: Lack of Sleep, Anger, Depression, Anxiety, Stress on Family; Stress on Marriage; Stress on Friendships; Long Term effects of Toxic Lice Treatment
Did You Know?
- If you receive treatment from a licensed and certified head lice removal professional, your Treatment is most likely covered by your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) if you participated in your company plan.
- Your treatment may also be covered by Insurance. You will need to call your provider to determine coverage.