More than 1/3 of children get nits. Health officials say lice infestations can’t be avoided in school – especially elementary and middle schools, where children are in close contact all day. In fact, parents spend an inordinate amount of time money and time trying to get rid of head lice.
But an ounce of prevention goes a long way. At Lice Knowing You©, we believe the best way to deal with the onslaught of head lice is to routinely check for lice. We also recommend wet combing for lice removal instead of costly prescription pesticides.
Why? Lice are increasingly harder to treat! They’re incredibly adaptive little buggers, and over the past 3 decades have become resistant to pesticides. Permethrin, in particular is one of the more widely used treatments. Lice are resistant to permethrin (not to mention this pesticide is toxic to your kids!), and they get stronger every day, through the widespread use of insecticides.
Proper wet lice combing can take an hour depending on the length of the hair. It is an inexpensive, harm-free method with high rates of success compared to chemicals. At Lice Knowing You© treatment salons, wet combing can remove nits in one session, for your entire family.
Visit www.liceknowingyou.com for more information, or to schedule your lice removal today.