Many panicked parents are looking for home remedies for lice removal and there are many so-called treatments out there. Unfortunately, we have built a business on failed lice treatments, which not only do not work, but are highly toxic and can be dangerous to you and your children.
Cetaphil, a facial cleanser, believed by some to work as a non-toxic lice treatment option, is one of the more toxic so-called treatments out there. It contains just eight ingredients: water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.
All but the water are chemically manufactured, and propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, and the three parabens are on the list are known ingredients to avoid as they are potentially toxic.
One look at the Cetaphil label and you’ve got to go “Wait a minute! What?” says Spirit Demerson, who analyzes skin-care ingredients for Spirit Beauty Lounge, her online natural beauty store. “Cetaphil does not contain even one single beneficial ingredient and what it does contain is the equivalent of toxic sludge. Whether you think it’s keeping your skin healthy or not, it is absorbed into your bloodstream and research has proven almost all of the few ingredients in it are carcinogenic. I know it’s hard to imagine that washing your face can give you cancer but it’s worth consideration.”
Your scalp is even more absorbent than your face and other areas of your body. The idea of putting this toxic treatment on your head is very scary to say the least.
Toxicity aside, this method is really just a smothering technique, which as those of us in the lice removal business know do not really work. The idea behind this lice treatment is that for a month (can you imagine knowingly dealing with your lice for a month), you put Cetaphil on your head and blow-dry your hair once a week. It can take two to three times as long to dry your hair with the Cetaphil on and you are to leave it in your hair for eight hours. The protocol dictates that you do this every week for a month. The idea is to stay ahead of the life-cycle of the louse. Good in theory, but unfortunately, it doesn’t kill all of the bugs and it doesn’t work on the lice eggs. During the course of your month long Cetaphil treatment, you continue to expose others to head lice because you still have live lice on your head.
The Cetaphil treatment was founded by Dr. Dale Pearlman, a dermatologist in Menlo Park. He did his own research on the treatment and was later found out to be duping his patients by selling the small bottles of “lice treatment” for hundreds of dollars. Later it was found out that his lice treatment was in fact the facial cleanser, Cetaphil.
There has been no other unbiased research done on Cetaphil cleanser and like so many home remedy treatments such as Listerine and wd-40, most people quickly realize that these treatments do not work. People are always looking for a quick-fix when it comes to lice. There are no magical products or devices out there, and regardless of what you choose, you need to comb every louse and nit out of the hair. This is the only guaranteed way to get rid of your lice infestation.
Lice Knowing You© uses only natural and organic products which never contain sulfates, parabens or other toxic ingredients. While our lice removal products help kill and eliminate the bugs and nits, our focus is on 100% lice and nit removal in one treatment in our salons or mobile lice treatments in your home or office with a brand new lifetime guarantee.
If you choose to do your own lice removal treatment like so many do, you can buy our products which contain a step-by-step protocol on how to do it yourself. Either way you choose, we walk you through the lice removal process. Our company has treated thousands of clients over the last several years with a 100% success rate for those that follow our protocol. Collectively, our staff has over 30 years of lice removal experience. We are the Northwest’s Premier Lice Removal Company with a Lifetime Guarantee.