Lice Cost Analysis
Lice Cost Analysis
Lice can be a parent’s worst nightmare, especially during the school year. Lice can be itchy and annoying and spread so quickly. But what you might not expect is this: lice is expensive. Getting treated properly requires some investment. Factor in the added cost of a second child with lice, or trying unsuccessful treatments, and it starts to add up real quick.
The Real Cost of Having Lice
Doctor’s visits, multiple toxic, pesticide treatments, gadgets, combs, beauty salon lice products, internet lice products, homemade remedies, items tossed unnecessarily, more doctor visits, and finally prescription strength pesticide treatments. All with no success.
Not to mention the countless loads of laundry, cleaning, and stress! Lice can bring even the strongest person to their knees because it can be seemingly impossible to get rid of. Following is the real cost of head lice based on market research:
- Doctor Visits for diagnosis and guidance: $250.00
- Rid Complete Kit: $47.98
- Nix Family Kit: $21.99
- Internet Lice Products, Homemade Remedies, Gadgets, Prevention Products: $150.00
- Prescription Lice Treatments: $265.98
- Replacement hairbrushes, combs, hair accessories: $100.00
- Missed Work (3 days missed work on average Based on $50,000 salary): $450.00
- Missed School (Private) (3 days missed school on average based on $10,000 Tuition): $167.00
- Missed after-school activities: $100.00
- Additional Water and Electricity charges due to Extra Laundry and cleaning: $200.00
Total dollar amount: $1,752.95
On top of the potential costs, there are countless hours of combing hair and cleaning. Your kids might miss school, birthday parties, and sporting events. And don’t forget the lack of sleep, frustration, and anxiety lice can create for everyone in the family. So what’s the solution?
Call the Seattle Lice Experts! Stop head lice today!
Stop the headaches and excessive spending by calling us to schedule a lice treatment appointment! Let the lice clinic experts take care of your lice issues for good. Don’t have time to squeeze in an appointment? Check out our selection of natural lice treatment and prevention products.
Did You Know?
If you receive treatment from a licensed and certified head lice removal professional, your Treatment is most likely covered by your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) if you participated in your company plan. Your treatment may also be covered by Insurance. You will need to call your provider to determine coverage